Sora to Kasai
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilPortailDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Display One Piece Card Game Japon OP-08 – Two ...
Voir le deal

Unbound ~Akross Con 2014

5 participants
AuteurMessage
Ryuu-Dono
Touriste
Touriste
Ryuu-Dono

Masculin Messages : 3

Unbound ~Akross Con 2014 Empty
MessageSujet: Unbound ~Akross Con 2014   Unbound ~Akross Con 2014 Icon_minitimeSam 14 Fév - 17:38

Unbound ~Akross Con 2014 69-1110914946_4237_p

Hey everyone, this was my entry for akross con. I finished 21st which I'm somewhat disappointed in but it can't be helped. The video revolves around the new kara no kyoukai movie and it should be spoiler free as I added my own story to it.

Anime: Kara no Kyoukai, Zankyou no Terror, Steins;Gate, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Darker than Black
Music: God is an Astronaut - All is Violent, All is Bright
Dl: http://akross.ru/index.cgi?act=video;id=4237

P.S. this is not my first post, older post: https://sora-to-kasai.forums-actifs.com/t3255-ryuu-dono-i-am-my-own-master-now
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://www.youtube.com/user/FruitPunchSamuraii13
MagicDarkLight
Sora to Kasai
Sora to Kasai
MagicDarkLight

Masculin Messages : 7147

MessageSujet: Re: Unbound ~Akross Con 2014   Unbound ~Akross Con 2014 Icon_minitimeDim 15 Fév - 13:24

Hello,

First of all it's a pity you didn't get a higher place, the top 10 felt totally envisageable for this one. Perharps Kara no kyoukai amvs are underrated (hello "Time Note") and the fact that it was released early harmed your ranking.. Anyways

That was pretty cool, I especially loved the first part, the atmosphere is strong and the effects are very nicely done. I can be petty on some transitions like the wave simulations or this weird one at 1:34 but nothing too annoying. However, from 2:00 or so, I feel like you lost it a bit, not like it was bad or anything, but a few things seemed weird to me.

2:02 this cam move seems unfinished and too strong, I know it's going to the dynamic part but it's still the normal pace here.
2:09 and 2:14 these rolls weren't consistent. Edges are too noticeable.
2:19 the pace slows down a lot because of those static scenes
2:22 I didn't enjoy this chain of cam moves, there were going to the left, to the right, well in short there were too many and it contrasts with the pace you were using.

By the way, the ending was okay but I think you needed a better ending scene. But apart from that, that was pretty good and a really nice surprise, I hope the next entry you submit will be recognized better. Good job!
https://sora-to-kasai.forums-actifs.com
Echotrooper
Sora to Kasai
Sora to Kasai
Echotrooper

Masculin Messages : 10579

MessageSujet: Re: Unbound ~Akross Con 2014   Unbound ~Akross Con 2014 Icon_minitimeDim 15 Fév - 14:48

Hey! I absolutely agree with MDL you could expect a better rankings but don't worry there is always this kind of rankings trouble in contests.

I think your amv was underrated because of his construction. I explain myself : your story is well made and understandable and you follow the rythm very well but there is no real climax which hit memory in your amv, maybe because the acceleration of the amv come only at the end and finished really quickly. Maybe if this last part had been longer and more varied your amv had been better consider. But it's only a supposition.

Anyway, I personnaly liked it, I agree with MDL about the flaws but also about the strenght of your amv.

I'm waiting for the next, I'm sure it'll be great!
Okill
Sora to Kasai
Sora to Kasai
Okill

Masculin Messages : 3287

MessageSujet: Re: Unbound ~Akross Con 2014   Unbound ~Akross Con 2014 Icon_minitimeDim 15 Fév - 16:16

Liked it too, good job ! Same as MDL and Echo, too bad for your ranking
Ryuu-Dono
Touriste
Touriste
Ryuu-Dono

Masculin Messages : 3

MessageSujet: Re: Unbound ~Akross Con 2014   Unbound ~Akross Con 2014 Icon_minitimeLun 16 Fév - 10:32

There were probably a lot of factors that affected my rankings i.e. popularity and sources used.

@MDL I agree with most of what you said. A lot of the times I was restricted on scenes and as such the pace was affected. For the ending I wasn't sure what to do, so I made it so that I can possible make a sequel.

@Echo The song I chose was probably the main reason as to why there was no real "climax", it had its drawback as well as its positives which is why I ended up using.

@Okill Congrats on your place

Thank you guys for the feedback.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FruitPunchSamuraii13
RoxStar
V.I.Phoenix
V.I.Phoenix
RoxStar

Masculin Messages : 475

MessageSujet: Re: Unbound ~Akross Con 2014   Unbound ~Akross Con 2014 Icon_minitimeLun 16 Fév - 16:40

Whaw. I'm happy to see your AMV here cause i don't see it on the web site of akross (my bad ^^).
Like all i think your place is a bad joke I'm sorry for you ^^'. (see you in top 10)
I rly love your AMV the story is clear, the rythm is good, the work is clean "Bravo". Maybe Echo right went he talk about wath the akross's juge don't like but i thing "there is a real climax"not very long but it's make sens with your story and it is a good point (and not a bad one) but the "acceleration" make more sens if it come went the car explose or went the guy see the girls survive and feel fear, the the acceleration come went they run and it's a littel to late for me ^^
Well good job you make me take a good time thx soif3
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Unbound ~Akross Con 2014   Unbound ~Akross Con 2014 Icon_minitime

Unbound ~Akross Con 2014
Page 1 sur 1